- 1 C. Beer
- 1 C. Water
- 1 1/2- tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 C. Chopped Onion
- 1 1/2 C. Chopped Celery
- ½ C. Of each – Chopped Green, Red, Yellow Peppers
- 1 small minced jalapeno pepper
- 4 C. Diced Tomatoes
- 1 lb of each – Ground Chuck, Chorizo, Grilled Sirloin Steak
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 2 tbsp. Chili Powder (adjust to your liking)
- 1 16 oz. can of Kidney Beans
- 1 16 oz. can of Red Beans
In a large slow cooker add beer, water, and chopped garlic. Set slow cooker to Low. Add onion, celery, all three colors of peppers, jalapeno, and diced tomatoes. Add onion powder and chili powder. Brown the ground chuck and chorizo. You can cook the sirloin steak chopped up in a frying pan but I prefer to grill and then chop. Add all three meats to the slow cooker. You’ll need to cook on low for about 7-8 hours. Sample along the way and add additional chili powder along with salt or pepper to taste. With about one hour of cooking time left add the kidney and red beans.
Serve with any combination of elbow macaroni, shredded cheese, chopped raw onions, crackers, sour cream.